Question for Justin
Several students suggested ideas involving the addition of advertising (such as online) to the standard PR plan at River. Justin mentioned River does not focus on paid advertising, but it does appear in some of the campaigns they put together. I was wondering if it becomes a part of the campaign only when barter is involved? Also, do companies like M3 simultaneously hire advertising agencies while working with PR firms like River?
Research Sources
S. Shoemaker suggested River subscribe to outside research sources (journals). I agree with her suggestion. While working for a media planning agency, I worked with MRI through eTelmar.
http://www.telmar.com/
About Telmar: Telmar is the world's leading supplier of media planning software and support services. Over 3,000 users in 25 countries, including 95% of the world's top agencies, choose Telmar systems for their media and marketing decision making.
The MRI system allows subscribers to sign in at any computer and create a customized research report. For example, someone at River could create a report finding out what percentage of people with an annual income of over 3 million watched CNN Money in 2008.
As S. Shoemaker suggested, there are many resources available to firms like River that have the research done already.
Evaluation
Justin stated that as long as the client is happy, the evaluation is a positive one. Kelli suggested monitoring changes in the client's business trends to gain some concrete facts on River's success. I agree with Kelli's suggestion. Mr. Pheonix most likely already observed his business trends, and must have found them positive since he praises River's work. River should request this information so they could have the concrete results included in their case files, which will be usefull when pitching new clients.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think having concrete facts and accomplishments on paper is an excellent idea to get the word out about River Communications and how successful they have been. I know just through Marist's brochure my family gained at least 80% of their knowledge about the school and from there decided it was a good candidate. Having solid information about a company is a great way to emphasize accomplishments and show that you are a worthy organization that people should take more time to learn about and invest in.
I believe that using an outside source and investing in something like Telmar is a great research tatic, although Justin has mentioned that they do keep up with journals and media kits. I still think one of the biggest issues, at least from what Justin mentioned in class, is their lack of research materials and ways to obtain information from existing clients (doing surveys, etc.) In my first blog, I added a link to for the SDA website - Survey Design & Analysis. I know that there are plenty of companies that could handle the survey process for them or make a research tactic such as this one easier. However, I do know that they have a limited budget, so using an outside source like this one may be too costly. Perhaps in the future there will be time and jobs at River Communication directed specifically at the analysis of former, present, and future clients.
Post a Comment