I know that this video is a little cheesy, but I believe it is a better example of the kind of video we would want to create for AARP. I think it would be a good idea to have elderly people talking about their positive experiences with the tax aide program over images of volunteers helping them at the sites. Some soft background music could be a nice touch as well.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think the concept of the video is a good one and I think featuring interviews from elderly people who have used AARP is an effective method. I believe to be truly effective though the video may have to have more of an emotional appeal, combing this idea with the one that Professor Van Dyke posted. Also, adding some humor could be appealing and persuasive to the audience. Could we put together some sort of video for AARP? Is this an option for us as a class. Obviously it couldn't be featured on TV but it might be interesting to see what we could come up with...
I think creating a video by using the testimonies that we receive from the elderly participants that use the tax-aide program is a great concept in order to gain sponsors. Even if as a class we are not able to create it, it is something that we should definitely suggest to Ed and his team, and provide the testimonies that we compile as a class.
First of all Kelli, that video was quite a find! I agree with all that a brief video with testimonials and perhaps a brief overview of the AARP tax-aide program could be beneficial.
Unfortunately, I don't think that this sort of project would be able to be completed by our class due to time limitations. However, I agree with Emily that it would be a constructive suggestion for Ed and his team. Especially if some of their volunteers had experience working with media, or video production. If this was not the case, perhaps creating this type of video could be a project that a TV/video production class at Marist could take on.
I agree with Ashley, that we have a too limited time to create a video. But it's a great idea for a future project! I want to add that there should be a majority of ederly people in the ad, but to clarify that this tax-aide site is to ALL tax payers and is not limited to those 50 +, some other ages should be included somehow. Maybe someone could come up with a script or make a proposal of video ideas that Ed and his team could potentially use.
Post a Comment