Wednesday, March 4, 2009

RESPONSE TO LINKEDIN IDEA

Research:
I would contact a LinkedIn ad rep (politely use them for info without purchasing ad space) and feel out user numbers. Find out how many financial professionals are members on LinkedIn and what financial/tax groups already exist. If there is a significant population of financial professionals registered on LinkedIn, who are active (part of groups, consistent dialogue), then John should become a member. I am not familiar with LinkedIn, so I do not know how common it is for reporters to find story leads through the social network. John actively participating on LinkedIn could continue to create awareness among the professionals. Instead of spurring news reports, LinkedIn may help John further endorse his company within the industry. Joining LinkedIn would only prove beneficial if a strong presence of active, financial professionals exists in the network.

2 comments:

Justin Meise said...

Good thoughts Meg. John does have an account but he has not utilized it.

I'm not convinced it's a huge opportunity but John's on board with the idea of trying it. We'll treat it a bit like an experiment.

It's lower priority, but I'll formulate my diabolical plan by the time I'm back in the classroom.

Kelli said...

I agree that LinkedIn may not be the biggest opportunity, but it could catch the right person's attention at the right time. I believe that it would be a smart idea to invest some time into utilizing John's account.